Monday, June 15, 2009

Altered Designs TGIF Paris ATC - two for the price of one


I recently did two Paris ATCs so I wanted this one to be different. On top of my brown base layer I used a piece of patterned paper from the Travel stack by DCWV. I used the world clocks by 100 Proof Press and stamped with StazOn on clear vellum. The final touch was cutting out two quotes from the paper and raising them up with pop dots.

Just in case you were wondering, my internet translators say, joie de vivre means "love of life" in English and c'est la vie means " that's life. Two semesters of college French and I can't remember much except for counting from 1 to 10.



So here's the thing...I actually did the second one first, at least part of it. I painted over the paper with a thin coat of gesso. After it dried I used the same stamp but stamped directly on the paper. I used Glossy Accents to highlight the Paris time. I knew it was supposed to dry clear but for some reason I was uncomfortable with the way this was going to turn out so I made the one above. After things dried I finished it and then added the embellishments and background paper.

I think I like the one on the bottom better, what do you all think? Let me know.


Until my next post,
Diane

2 comments:

  1. For me , the bottom one is better, I like the muted effect with the gesso. Must look out for the 'world Clocks' they look very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom one. Has more central focus.

    ReplyDelete