Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School ATC

Back to School was the theme of a recent Altered Designs TGIF ATC mingle. I used stamps from the Vintage School Days collection by Tweety Jill a.k.a. TJ Designs. I used glossy paper and stamped the alphabet background in a light colored permanent ink and then the girl/boy, faux postage and "good work". I stamped the Back to School on tan cardstock and cut it out and adhered it to the front. After that it looked too bright so I used chalks to slowly bring out the background and make it a bit more vintage. I wasn't sure they'd work with the glossy cardstock but I think they worked well. The final touch was to color int he girl/boy with watercolor markers.

Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful atc Diane , love the techniques that you used on this .what nice stamps too...great work..

    ReplyDelete