Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A triple whammy at the commissary

I decided to do my grocery shopping today. Since I'm retired USAF and live close to a base I go to the commissary. It was a triple whammy with the crowds 1) Labor Day weekend coming up so folks stocking up on BBQ and picnic foods, 2) Hurricane Earl headed our way possibly so folks stocking up on water and power outage foods, 3) payday so folks doing regular shopping. BUT with the crowded parking lot, the wait for the shopping cart and the number of folks in the store (with their kids too since they aren't in school yet) the commissary is still the best value and the quickest way to get in/out of line and back home. The baggers are very efficient and work for tips only, today was a good day to be a bagger.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment