Saturday, July 16, 2011

The future of art

When my niece said she was majoring in Art back in the 90's (back before I retired and found my interest in art) I thought to myself "what is this girl doing". I thought unless she was a talent like Picasso or Dali she'd never make a living.  She switched her major from art to elementary education and taught "regular" classes for a few years. Then a position as an art teacher opened and flash forward to today she is an elementary art teacher. I take a look at her web site from time to time and feel comfortable that the young ones, in her area at least, are getting a good foundation to release their creative energies. I like the use of a variety of materials, incorporating some 3D work like sculpture and their use of colors.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment