Friday, August 24, 2012

In my yard

The other day I came back home from riding my bike and noticed a few dragonflies in the yard. I'm not a big fan of insects except for dragonflies and butterflies. I thought to myself I wonder if this guy will hang around a few moments while I run inside and grab my camera. Lucky me, they waited and seemed to be posing. It was pretty hot and humid so the first few shots were actually foggy from the dew point difference between inside and outside. Good thing these guys had an empty social calender as they hung around long enough for me to get some good shots.

I also got an interesting shot of a spider web. Unlike the dragonflies and butterflies spiders are not on my favorite insect list but their webs can make for good photos.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment