Monday, April 1, 2013

No foolin' I made a card!

I know it's April Fools day but this is no joke. I actually made something this year. You may or may not remember but my last post featured a card I made last year.

A few weeks ago I attended a Creating Keepsakes convention in my area. I hadn't done any crafting since about late October of last year due to my shoulder surgery. I had three classes on Friday and four on Saturday. In between I did a bit of shopping and bought stuff I didn't need. Really, does anyone need more crafting supplies!? Anyway by the end of those two days I was exhausted. I hadn't realized how much you use your arm and shoulder in simple paper crafting.Anyway, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and hope to post on a more regular basis.

Here's a card I started in class and finished at home. If you've ever been to one of these conventions you have one to one and a half hours for each class. In most classes you get enough "stuff" to do a zillion projects but only start a few and finish less than you start.

This card was taught by the folks at The Paper Loft. They have some nice "guy" papers which is great since most of the supplies are pretty girl oriented. The class focused on how to maximize the use of your scraps.

This card is for a guy in my family and I hope he likes it.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment