Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Any other Nikon Scan users out there?

Here's the good thing...I got a new computer. Win7 64bit, tons of memory, new monitor and all the bells and whistles.

Here's the bad thing...I discovered that my Nikon film scanner wouldn't work with 64 bit machines. I called Nikon and was surprised that I was "allowed" to talk to tech support for free with such an old scanner. They said they were working on the issue and to check back via the web or phone for the solution. I checked back via the web and discovered they had abandoned the support and were advising folks to purchase a third party software.

I'm cheap and wanted to find another solution so I tried a few things I'd found via some forums and they didn't work. Then I found Axel's blog and the perfect free solution. So if you have a Nikon LS-40, LS-50 or LS-5000 ED film scanner and a 64 bit Vista or Win 7 try this and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks Axel, you ROCK!

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment