Saturday, March 5, 2011

I've been evicted...from my former craft/computer room.

Hubby and I have been talking about this for a L-O-N-G time. Back in the old days we shared a computer. Then he got his own and set up shop in a very small section of our bonus room or the room over the garage.

The rest of that room had "stuff". Most of it was a collection of mine featuring Star Wars and Star Trek collectibles. I was doing a pretty good job of selling it little by little but it was a very slow process. Since we had the space it became the area to put things that we didn't want in the "public" portion of the house so it basically looked neat and tidy and the rest of the "stuff" was hidden away.

Since the focus of my free time had changed to crafting I wanted more space. Hubby wanted more too. He was also looking forward to a closet to store his "stuff", mostly consisting of motorcycle garb, helmets and parts he's trying to sell. It is a win-win for both of us. I'll eventually have more room than I'll know what to do with. I'll also have more light in my computer area but hopefully it won't be too hot in the summer as I'm gaining west facing windows. He gets more room and more light too. His portion of the bonus room was in an area without direct light.

We decided to start the switch even though the bonus room isn't totally cleaned out. We hope to have a buyer for a bunch of it but if not I'll go through it and keep a small portion and give some to Toys for Tots and more to other charitable groups.

Here's the last views of my old abode.



Storage for inks in the center drawers and misc stuff on left and right. Unmounted stamps on the tall bookcase on the right.



Ancient computer work area that we've moved since the mid 80's. Still functional but weighs a ton.











Another view of computer area and the north facing window.

















Very big closet and work table.















You were wondering what was inside the closet...lots of "stuff".




















More stuff!


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the "after" pix!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.... looks like your closet needs more supplies. Shall I send you a "Care Package"?

    ReplyDelete