Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recycling and possibly some free paper

I'm fortunate to live near a print shop. I don't mean a place that makes copies but is a full color printer. They can also do graphic and logo design if you have the idea but not a finished product. I got a tour of their operations last semester since I was taking a class at the local community college in print publications. During the tour the owner was mentioning that when they have scraps of a reasonable size they save them. Teachers and administrators from the local schools pick up the materials and use them for art projects or just to have some scrap paper on hand. After the tour I asked if I could be a recipient of some of their goodies. They said come on by, have a look and take what you want. I got some linen type paper of various colors and semi-gloss white and off white. The scraps were the perfect size for cards and ATC's.

It's nice to see a business owner with a "think globally - act locally" way of doing business. Take a look at your local yellow pages and see if you have a printer in your area that will do the same. It is a win-win situation for everyone.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment