Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Downtown Disney and Animal Kingdom

Here's part two of three of the before Christmas trip hubby and I took to Disneyworld. To me no trip to Disney is complete without strolling around Downtown Disney and maybe having a meal or two. Hubby and I ate there the day we arrived (Raglan Road and Irish Pub) and the last night we were there (Wolfgang Puck's). We also headed over there one morning before going out to Epcot. Our hotel (Port Orleans Riverside) was a short shuttle boat ride away, or you could take the bus. On that day I splurged and used one the snack entitlements we had with our meal plan and got a deep fried snickers bar from Cookes of Dublin. Downtown Disney has some great shops with more than Disney memorabilia.

Disney has had this promotion for at least two years where they give you a button so you can tell the world what you are celebrating. Some pins are for 1st Visit or Happy Anniversary. I had a pin for Happy Birthday. I wore it all week and really stretched out the number of times people said "Happy Birthday" to me. Almost all the staff does and so do many other customers. It is a great ice breaker when you are standing in line too. Just about every table service meal presented me with an extra desert or added a special little something to the existing desert. Note the way Wolfgang puck did in with my Key Lime Pie --they wrote it in chocolate.


The first two days of our vacation were quite cold but it was warming up the day we went to Animal Kingdom. We ate a breakfast buffet at the Tusker house in the Africa section of the park. It was better than I thought it would be and we got some one on one with Donald Duck and friends. Hubby found a great place for me to take some photos during the parade and we stayed longer than I thought. All in all a great day!

Until my next post,
Diane

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fabulous time!!!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog, I am your new follower. Don't forget to visit my blog at www.blossominch.blogspot.com

    Hugs, Yuzz

    ReplyDelete