Thursday, January 27, 2011

A cool Photoshop Plug-In

I read a LOT of blogs from fellow crafters, sometimes too many. When I find something that gives me the Ahaa moment I realize it is worth the time I spend. A fellow paper crafter had a post about this cool Photoshop plug-in called Kaleidoscope. I wasn't able to get it to work with the 64 bit version of Photoshop CS4 but it does work just fine with the 32 bit version.

So what can you do with a few ordinary photos? Here's one of a daffodil.















Here's the same photo with the effect where it looks like I took an aerial shot of a field of flowers.















Here's a photo of the Wright Brothers monument in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.



















Here's the same photo with the effect but I used different settings than I did with the flower.



















Finally, here's a photo of my kitty BC who by the way is doing very well. If you remember (and even if you don't) he was VERY sick around the Christmas holidays in 2009. He was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Disease and is on prescription food and 1/2 tablet of Prednisone every three days. His last blood test in October was good and hopefully his next one in April will be the same.



















Here's the first version of Kaleidoscope but it is a bit creepy with all those heads.



















I did the effect again and came up with something a bit different that you'd never guess started out as a cat.




















If you have Photoshop or Photoshop elements give it a try. Warning it is a bit addictive.

Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane - I followed the link from your post over at Extreme Cards to your blog. I KNOW what you mean about the Mehdi plugin being addictive. Love the kaleidoscope of the Wright Brothers monument - I want fabric that looks like that so I can make myself a skirt! I just posted a kaleidoscope on my blog that I made, too. So cool, isn't it? And free!!! Anyway, just thought I'd say hello. Love your B&W acrylic album.

    ReplyDelete