Monday, December 29, 2008

My first ATC's





These are the first ATCs I ever made, and it wasn't that long ago. I was going to be attending Art & Soul in Hampton, VA for a bunch of classes this past May. I had only gone to one class the previous year. Between year 1 and 2 I joined the Yahoo group and read that many folks participated in trades. I made these up using the technique that I learned in the first class with Zana Clark. I cheaped out on the supplies and didn't use her sprays (they are MUCH more vibrant than mine). The class was called Zia's Luna Art Quilt. There is a little colored pencil, crayon, masking, rubber stamping, bleaching, and of course the sprays. I made my background using a large sheet of watercolor paper and then cut it to size. I kept like colored pieces together and then stamped and decorated them. All of the stamps are from Stamping Ground (nice deeply etched rubber for a great price). Zana was a great teacher and I'd recommend taking a class from her if you get a chance.

Until my next post,

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment