Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A year ago yesterday


Do you know where you were a year ago yesterday? I do. I was in Egypt on a wonderful tour. We started in Cairo saw the pyramids, rode a camel and then took a short flight to Luxor to begin a river cruise. Before that we had a wonderful day visiting the Colossi of Memnon, the temple to Queen Hathsepsut, the Valley of the Kings, Karnak and Luxor Temples. I've always been fascinated with ancient Egypt and of course have some rubber stamps. This is one of the three ATC's I sent Sid this month. I stamped the image with Ranger archival ink. It is waterproof. I then took some Marvy Metallic Markers and put them on a non-stick craft sheet. I then used my water brush and painted in the blank areas. I used an image from a book to get the pattern colors right. My red is a big off though. The main stamp is from Non Sequitur and the small one is from Limited Edition. It was a bit toasty there in the Valley of the Kings but I kept my long sleeve shirt on to avoid a sunburn.

Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. This ATC is lovely....I can vouch for that! The colours are much better in real life. Thanks Diane.

    ReplyDelete