Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Art and Soul Hampton 2009 ATC



Art and Soul starts tomorrow and I've got 46 ATC's ready to trade. I'm excited, I'm enrolled in SEVEN classes! I'll be tired but artfully revived after this intense event. The theme this year is Rock and Roll. I took the official logo and transformed it to a rub-on using Grafix Rub-onz. First I took an 18x24" piece of Strathmore watercolor paper and cut it into ATC size. Then I took some Daniel Smith Gold gesso and watered it down to make a wash. I wet the watercolor paper first to minimize the warping. After the wash dried (each one is unique and that's neat) I stamped the background sheet music stamp from Inka Stamps. I then took my Studio G $1 stamps and spelled out "art n soul" and "rock n roll" and intertwined them. I added the rub on and another music stamp in black by Rubber Stampede. The finishing touches are the brass embellishments by Fancifuls Inc. and the gold outline using the Deco marker. Some of the brass embellishments are almost covering (or in some cases do cover) the letter "l" in soul. I hope it doesn't deter from the overall ATC.

Until my next post,

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment