Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last birthday card of the year


What day would be the worst birthday of the year? My sister-in-law was born on 31st of December and she thought that was lousy. She thought she got ripped off in that her folks wanted to go out and party with other "big kids" and she didn't get a full day of birthday enjoyment. Christmas wouldn't be great because your friends and family often combine gifts and say "it's a big gift so it's for both". But when you are a kid you want the thrill and anticipation of ripping or savoring the opening of presents. You don't want it rolled into one day. This is the card I made for my New Years Eve born sister-in-law. The stamp is by Impression Obsession. I embossed it and then colored it in with watercolor markers.

Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. Ack, I was just here earlier in the evening! Did I leave a comment then? I was really shivering earlier, so maybe it wasn't a good time to type, hehe. Anyway, love your cards. And, I'm a February birthday on the RAK - will I be getting one? winkwink I'd be very proud to receive it! Well, I'm gonna try to take a little nap before midnite - have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete