Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's just like riding a bicycle..because it is!


Today for the first time in over two months I rode my bicycle outside. I just started exercising (after my foot surgery) about two weeks ago. For those of you out there that are active you know my frustration at getting this feeling that you are turning into a big lump of Jello as you sit around recuperating from surgery or an injury. I have an indoor cycle trainer and had been using that but there is nothing like riding outside AND on the last time trial day of the Tour de France. My ride today wasn't even as fast as these guys climbed mountains but I don't care. My average speed was 13mph for a bit over 8 1/2 miles, nothing to brag about that's for sure but I was very happy with my result. I'll lay off the sneakers/shoes for a bit. I want to wear them for longer durations each day not just put them on and then take them off at the end of the day. I think this will be better in the long run.
Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. So glad you did it Diane....no stopping you now I suppose :-)

    ReplyDelete