Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We interrupt this blog for more photos of the foot



I hope you aren't getting tired of viewing photos of my feet but I wanted to give another progress report.

For those of you that don't remember here's the synopsis. May 19th right foot bunion surgery, splint for 2 weeks, no weight on the right foot. June 1st follow up appointment, get "Frankenstein boot", heal weight bearing only. July 1st get "the Flipper". Walk and progress as able.

The photo on the left was taken on the 11th of July shortly after getting the newspaper in the morning. I took the ace bandage off later that morning and wore socks. Since then I've been wearing sandals and trying to get my right foot in a shoe. I'm not pushing it, it's still a little swollen and tender in the bunion area.

The photo on the right was taken the morning of the 18th of July. I walked to the end of the driveway and back in the shoes. It was more comfortable to walk in the shoes than it was to put on/off.

Hopefully my progress will continue and I'll be able to wear shoes on a regular basis. I'm really eager to ride my bicycle outside and won't ride with sandals.

Oh yeah, bad news...my sock usage doubled now that I wear one on both feet...more laundry.

Until my next post,

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment