Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 3 at Art and Soul last year





While I’m at Art and Soul for the next few days I’ll show what I made last year at this time. Hopefully it won’t take me another year to photo what I am currently making!

The class I had last year today was taught by Daniel Essig. I had made signature books before BUT I had never done the Coptic stitch. This little book had a lot to it. It is two books in one with three covers, one that is shared. You can see in the photo that it opens one way from one view and another when you turn it over. One side was a two needle stitch and the other was a four needle stitch. I’m really glad I took the class but I don’t think I’ll make this type of book again. It was confusing and a wonder I didn’t stitch myself to the book – wait I did -- and had to undo it – how embarrassing. This book has mica covers over some pretty paper bugs on one side and dragonflies on the other.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment