Saturday, May 9, 2009

Using Claudines Sticky-Back Canvas at Art and Soul




I took two classes from Claudine Hellmuth at Art and Soul this year. In the first class "The Frayed Edge" we got a chance to play a bit with her Sticky-Back canvas.

In the photo on the left I painted the canvas with Smidge of Blue. I then stamped with a watermark pad. After that I painted with Traditional Tan to get a great weathered denim look. The tan puddles in places to look like an old pair of jeans that got stained.

In the yellow photo on the right I used various yellows of Portfolio water soluble oil pastels and some of Claudia's Yellow Pastel and Dab of Yellow paints. When it was dry I ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The simmer/bling look was achieved with Perfect Pearls. A spritz of water and it was set.

Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment