Monday, May 11, 2009

TGIF Masking ATC



I started making an ATC for my Altered Designs Yahoo group with the theme of Flowers (last weeks theme). As I was making it I didn't want to have this flower with just a blank background. I wanted to put the words in but I had already stamped the flower so I made a mask using Eclipse Tape. It is sort of like a big roll of post its with just the sticky stuff. It became obvious to me that this was going to be my masking ATC and I'd just have to come up with another on Flowers. I distressed the edges and then dabbed some of the Distress Inks on my acrylic block and spritzed with water and then dragged the edges through for a bit of dimension. The words are from the Inque French Fancy set and the flower is from Impressions of Faith.

Until my next post,

Diane

1 comment:

  1. Diane I love this very effective card......very 'watercolour' in effect. Masking is a really useful technique too !

    ReplyDelete