Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Design I black and white



This was an assignment in how to make an ordinary simple object look interesting through repetition. The object I chose was a simple clip that you can get at any office supply store. Draw the object in a few different views and pick the one you like. Next turn it 90 degrees and keep doing that until you get an interesting pattern. It is a poor mans way to try to imitate M.C. Escher but without the wonderful dissolves and illusions he did. This was painted in black gouache with the edges in Prismacolor marker for more precise work. As I was painting the design I started to see the inverse and decided to do a set.

Until my next post,
Diane

2 comments:

  1. REALLY cool, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, this looks interesting and is a bit random whilst at the same time being organised. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete