Monday, January 5, 2009

Drawing II



I took Drawing II the summer of 2006. We started with pen and ink then progressed to washes. After that we dove into color starting with colored pencil and then ending with oil pastels. There were four of us mixed in with Drawing I students. We got different assignments from the beginning students. This was my best work from the class. The first is an 18x24” landscape scene of Verona from inside their coliseum. It was done with Prismacolor colored pencils. I used a 4x6” color photograph that was blown up to 11x17” in black and white so I could make a grid. I kept going back and forth from the color photograph for color and detail to the black and white for placement. This project took a LONG time to make but I’m very happy with it. The next one is a 9x12” oil pastel of an onion and garlic done in student grade Lowell Cornell Oil Pastels on Bienfang paper. The last on was our final project a 18x24” reproduction of Paul Cézanne’s Farmhouse and Chestnut Trees at Jas de Bouffan. The Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena, California has the original. Until my next post, Diane

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! And: You know that this is my "favorite" posting - so far.

    Oh to have so much talent.

    BTW: I recommend Painting 1 with Mark Miltz!

    ReplyDelete