Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pages for Mixed Media Art Friends group




I signed up for another technique swap a while back. This is the first swap I've done with the Mixed Media Art Friends Yahoo group. This swap has 22 participants and if I may quote from the group our technique can be anything of our choosing: fabric, screen printing, felting, paper, backgrounds, acrylic, watercolor, metal, polymer clay, jewelry, wire, beads, sequins, plastic, charms,etc...
I went with my recycled boxes again but instead of the gesso and oil pastels I had an entirely different technique on top. I wish I had saved my reference link but I didn't so I can't give credit to the person I first saw do this. They used grunge board (I used the box) as a background. Take an old dictionary page and adhere it to your base surface with Mod Podge (I used Liquitex Matte Medium). You need an adhesive that will dry clear. Apply another layer of your adhesive on top of the dictionary page. When it is dry trim the dictionary page to the proper size. Using the Ranger cut-n-dry foam and Distress Inks apply the lightest color to the paper. Run the cardboard through a Cuttlebug or similar embossing machine. The final step is to apply the darker color ink using the direct to paper method. Hope you like it -- I'll be sending my pages to the hostess tomorrow.
Until my next post,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment