Monday, January 26, 2009

Stamers Corner Bling, Bling ATC


This was the last ATC I did for my January ATC swaps with Stampers Corner. We are transitioning to a new format. Instead of making four of the same ATC’s you will make one and have a partner. This might help on mailing costs and encourage more folks to play. I hope it works. I like the swaps since it makes me “just do it”. If I have a deadline and a project I tend to get more stuff done. The theme for this ATC was called "Bling, Bling". Mine is kind of Bling, bling, bling, bling, bling.... I guess I got a little carried away with the bling. This one has a base paper layer colored with Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Purple overlaid with a DCWV metallic paper that I put through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder. On top of that are two purple bling flowers. I took the big chipboard flower and painted it with Ranger Distress Crackle Brushed Pewter. After it dried I colored it with alcohol inks. I used the same colors (Wild Plum, Raisin) on the dragonfly and the clear Heidi Swap ghost flower. I didn’t get as much deep crackle effect as I had hoped. I guess I’ll have to layer the paint a bit thicker next time. Hope you like it.

Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment: