Saturday, January 17, 2009

Design II Plaster of Paris Sculpture


Some of you might not consider Plaster of Paris as a sculpture medium. At the community college level in a Design II class where you are trying to cram in a bunch of techniques into a 15 week semester Plaster of Paris was our sculpture medium. We used milk cartons as our mold; poured the plaster in and let it sit. It sets quick and is pretty easy to carve/cut. The theme was open and I tried a 3D version of Edvard Munch’s Scream. The original is now back in place at the museum of his name and being restored. I think when you see my piece you recognize that it is a representation of the painting which is good. As a sculpture piece it is OK. Maybe not my best work but I did keep it which says something.

Until my next post,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. I think it is a great representation, Diane!

    ReplyDelete